Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Gift Giver

I feel humbled by the experience of friendship and the way the things work out in life. I consider myself a religious person as I pray a lot and always call out to God at all times. I am thankful to have friends who have helped me in ways that I cant even imagine in particular, Pearl.


I chose Pearl as a Godmother to my second son, I knew her back home in the Philippines and grew more when we came and lived in New Jersey. She is a very generous person and puts other people before herself, I have never found a more selfless individual as a friend.



The way I describe her makes other people think of Mother Teresa but point of fact, she also has a very bubbly personality so you can cross Mother Teresa with a famous rock star, and you would have Pearl.


I was surprised when she asked me if I was prepared for the second child, and I told her that I was somewhat in a way ready and during the conversation I got to mention that I still needed a couple of things for the baby and that is when she offered and looked at my baby registry to buy the baby car seat, the whole travel system sans stroller.


I did not oblige her to buy this but she insisted and there we have it, it is a big help for me as unlike back home babies need to be in a car seat when they leave the hospital, also it helps me out in ways that I appreciate very much.


I know that every time I use it I will be reminded by one persons generosity and selfless act of sacrifice. I hope in time that I will be able to return the favor. In closing I just want to say

Pearl you rock!


PS. I did receive gifts on my baby shower but this one is very much appreciated.

8 comments:

Raft3r said...

wow
you are very lucky to have a friend like her
madalang ang ganyan
good for you
=)

pixie27 said...

Thanks Raft3r! sobrang dalang nga ng ganitong friend....She's very generous talaga =)

Raft3r said...

hi, pixie!
lapit na delivery mo, ha
ingat
you're in my prayers

Big Eyed Gal said...

pssst!!!! Have a tag for you. :-)

http://www.bigeyedgal.com/2008/05/blog-readability-test.html

Raft3r said...

hi, pixie27!!!
just dropping by...

pixie27 said...

Hi raft3r! Thanks for dropping by...naka draft palang ang mga blogs ko di ko pa ma-publish hehehe...Thanks din sa prayers ha...=)

Raft3r said...

i-publish na ang mga drafts na yan!
hehe
=)

Raft3r said...

happy weekend, pixie27!!!

super lapit na pala delivery mo
=)