Saturday, December 22, 2007

Miracle of Miracles - As my husband would say!


"Wonder of wonder, miracles miracles..." the lines of this song come from the "The fiddler on the roof", a young Jewish man sings about the good fortune that falls him and lands him the affections of a girl.

Oliver said:

"My situation of course had nothing to do with the affections of another girl, you see I already have one, my wife". But the reason he remembered that particular song was because he received a gift from his coworkers for Christmas. He has been languishing at the fact that most if not all of his friends at work have an Xbox 360 and he was saving his money to buy it and of course even wishing that he would get it for Christmas, but owing to the fact that there are other important things that need to be bought, he was not putting this on top of his list.

But low and behold, when he came home last night he had an Xbox 360 bundle that was bought by his coworkers for him and he was so happy that I believe the shock of the events had a profound effect upon him. Like he said "I never believed that all of my hard work in helping out people at work will impress upon them to grant my wish this Christmas".

Seeing him that way made me happy for him because his wish came true, I should also note that I was responsible for selling his old Xbox before :)

No comments: