Saturday, December 22, 2007

A pleasant surprise


Saturday came bright and early when I was woken up by a loud noise from the front door, as I was curious I went out of the room and found my husband holding a package in his arms. It was a gift given by my friend, Marilen. I asked my husband to open it and was surprised and delighted at the contents, this package salvaged what would have been the previous nights anxiety.

You see I had spent the night in a dismal way as my husband had come home late from his department Christmas party. I wanted to tuck myself in early for the night but because he was not home yet, I had to wait for him to come home.

So long story short he comes home and quite pleased with himself started recounting the days events and afterward we proceeded to sleep.

I was very surprised to see the gift basket because it was unexpected and I could really feel the spirit of the season. I am sucker for surprises because I still am a kid at heart and I feel that when I give something to someone and I see the expressions on their faces, I feel good.

Thank You Mare for this gift!

No comments: