Saturday, December 29, 2007

The right to bear arms

Under the Second Amendment of the U.S. constitution " A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Has never been more important to me than a fortnight ago.

I am talking about self protection and preservation, a couple of days ago one of our neighbors was coming home to celebrate Christmas with her family she was just getting out of her car when a man assaulted her at gun point and demanded her purse, the man also asked for her keys and decided to take her car as well, the time of this incident was around 9:30 pm in the parking area of the apartment complex, they lived just a couple of doors from our place.

My hubby relayed this news to me after coming home and seeing our neighbors from other apartments talking about the incident, what got me mad was that our apartment complex had not sent out letter talking about these events.

I talked it over with my husband and we decided that it would be best to look for a different place when our lease is over, before we heard about this incident we were undecided if we wanted to continue our lease but now we are more than willing to leave and look for a better place.

I would argue that sometimes even if the area looks peaceful one cannot be too sure of the surroundings and people in general. This brings me to the point of my hubby probably going overboard with the idea of buying (in his words):

a.) A handgun - Well technically not a handgun but I guess this one will scare the lights out of anybody.

b.) A Taser - great for stopping the occasional cow, bull or aggressive date.


c.) A Wakashi Blade - this will be for close quarters combat, old school but very effective.



I am not a stranger to guns as my father had a couple and my hubby is not new to them because in his mind he assumes that playing Call of Duty qualifies him as an expert. Needless to say I guess this curtails my hubby's night outs with his friends.

In closing I will always remember this view from our living room:

The Pool, Clubhouse and Tennis Court

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nakakatakot naman ito joy! kwentuhan mo ako sa YM ok.