Saturday, December 29, 2007

8 things to look out for in 2008

And so this is Christmas and what have you done, another year over a new one just began.....
The song is very appropriate looking back at the year about to close, we as a family have a lot to be thankful for, we were able to accomplish a lot of things:

a.) Go on holiday together - since I have never been to Disney it was both a dream come true for me and my son.

b.) Having a car- in our long stay in the states we finally have a car that we can call our own.

c.) Growing up - seeing our son grow up and interact with other kids.

It seems like a short list but I am not a true believer of the " New Years Resolution", I mean why would you make a long list of 20 things to do when you can only really promise to do 5 at most. I am not talking about those lists were you promise yourself a trip to the Bahamas, diving with sharks in South Africa etc. I am thinking about the tangible everyday stuff that we do.

For the coming year I am expecting the following and hoping to do each in turn:

1.) Getting my driver's license

2.) Celebrating our 7th year wedding anniversary

3.) Moving to a bigger and better place.

4.) Preparing for a bigger family with our second child.

5.) Reuniting with my in-laws

6.) My son going to school for Kindergarten

7.) Getting our papers approved

8.) Paying off all our debts.

It is not an exhaustive list just some stuff that I know will make a major impact in our lives this coming year, through all the blessings that we received there is only one above us who we will
always be thankful for, Almighty God.

Hoping that the coming year bring you good fortune and the blessings of God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

goodluck and i know everything you wished for will happen! happy new year!