Sunday, January 13, 2008

My son's best friend Whitey

I was taken aback by my son's remarks this morning, you see he has a stuffed dog that he got for free in a store. The puppy was colored white so he named it Whitey, but this morning he said that if he colored it black he would name it blackie or pinky if it were pink. He sleeps with this toy every night and I believe he talks to this toy and treats it like a real pet.



My husband is Ok with us having pets but I am a little apprehensive, you see I was the victim of a couple of dog bites when I was a teenager so the experience has left me a little scared of the prospect of having pets around.

I asked my husband what kind of dog he wanted and he said he was Ok with a Lab or Newfie both of course are breeds of dogs. The Lab or Labrador are good pets to have around a yard as they like to play and socialize with its master and the Newfie or Newfoundland is breed of water dog that is very loyal and makes a good companion.



I am not sure about Whitey on what breed he is as I believe he looks like Pomeranian but my son adores this puppy that he pretend plays with this pet talking to it and he also puts him to bed and he also gets to watch my son play the x-box. They say that there is a humanizing effect of animals on people because if a person could treat another animal so indifferently how more with other people. In ending I would rather see my son playing with animals than pretend play that he is a soldier or pirates.