Sunday, January 13, 2008

The reasons why I blog

I started blogging because I needed an avenue to voice and share my experiences to all of my friends and family, there is an immeasurable joy in writing and expressing your feelings to an audience, hopefully the stuff that I write will serve as an inspiration to other people. I also don't blog about everything or nothing only the stuff that I know will interest my readers and provide a bit of insight on memorable and joyous times in my personal life.

I also noticed that there are websites that help promote the blogger, in exchange for writing some articles and posting links to their sites the blogger gets paid a small amount (I actually would call it a stipend) of cash. I tried this for a while but really could not get into it as most of the time I was trying to promote a product that I never even tried. My husband who helped me in one of these instances was commenting on how he would feel bad if he recommended something to a good friend or family member a service that he never even used before. He has no qualms about writing to other people he does not know but to close relatives he has his misgivings about this.

He also said that if he was the reader of my blog and the reason that he was reading my stuff was because I came out as a sincere writer then by adding advertising in my writing then he would not even care to finish reading the article.

I don't mean to start a flame war with people who write and get paid but I just wanted to give my two cents out, the same reason that I don't watch F@x News is the same reason I will not write on something I haven't tried yet, by the way F@x News reports are canned and it is now what I would call objective journalism, there is nothing wrong with writing and getting paid to do it but if your opinions are taken as truth then you as the writer must have a sense of responsibility for your actions.

2 comments:

♥SomethingPurple♥ said...

hahahaha! i like this joy kaya nga may disclosure policy na tinatawag lol!

ang hirap talaga kumita ng pera =P
mwah, em

pixie27 said...

Em dapat talaga lagyan nila ng disclosure policy dahil pwede nyo sila i-sue pag may nagreklamo hehehe...