Monday, February 04, 2008

The Apt Pupil

This coming Friday will be the start of a journey for my son, the path of enlightenment in the hallowed halls of school. His days of spending time looking at the TV and playing on the PC will be an afterthought, he will come to know the words " Time to sleep", " Wake up or you will miss the class".

On that day he will take his first exam, well not really but rather an aptitude test to determine his ability to communicate effectively in English, as he has two parents who are bilingual he needs to take this exam so that they can gauge his ability to understand instructions and converse with his peers and teachers.

I remember when I had to take those first days in school, here you are used to staying at home just relaxing, playing and general mischief and all of a sudden you are in school and doing homework. I know that my son is very enthusiastic about school and me and my husband have promised him that we will help in any way in molding him the right way in his schooling.

I hope that he passes the exam so that he does not have to go to a class with their emphasis solely on teaching children to speak English as a Second Language (ESL).

No comments: