Saturday, February 02, 2008

The Seven Year Itch

Following closely in the heels of my birthday was our seventh year anniversary, has it been that long, usually most problems and trials in marriages appear in the early years. I can say that there are some good years in a marriage and some that are not so good, I have been blessed with seven good years, while it is true that we still continue our struggles, I and my husband and we as a family are confident that we will overcome any obstacles that come our way.

We celebrated the day by helping out a couple of friends in their grocery shopping, you see they did not have a car so we volunteered our time to help them out with their food supplies. I had some cake to celebrate the occasion with my husband and son to which we enjoyed ourselves.



My husband and I did not give ourselves any gifts to each other as we are preparing for the coming months that we will probably spend to move to another flat, furniture and the baby.

Statistically some marriages end in the seventh year to eight year because of the extended pressures on both husband and wife, I usually don't subscribe to such thinking because I know that even the best marriages come up on some rocky points now and then but if the couples have their act together then any obstacles that come their way will be easily overcome.

Marriage is like a good job, a fulfilling career, how often do we land on a job where the pay is just right, your coworkers are the best people to work with and you grow on the job itself. All of that is what marriage is and more, it can be its most unforgiving boss but also it is an accomplishment in comparable to becoming the head of your profession.

Thank you to everybody who have been touched and we have touched with our married lives.

No comments: