Saturday, March 01, 2008

Driving Mr. Daisy

I know most if not all of you have seen "Driving Mrs. Daisy" where Morgan Freeman is in the employ of wealthy southern lady, Jessica Tandy. In the movie it spans the relationship that they had for a couple of years and how it had stood up to change.




I put the title for this piece as "Driving Mr. Daisy" because I recently had the opportunity to drive my husband and my son when we were going for my monthly checkup, it somehow resembled the movie as Jessica Tandy had certain beliefs that she could not let go even though the times have changed, same with my husband. I know that he trusts me with my driving but he is a backseat driver and would constantly make correction to my driving.

All in all it was a wonderful day as I had attended a driving class before going to the doctors office, the instructor was very helpful with a couple of faults being that I was a "lazy driver" because I don't crane my neck when backing the car. I also tended to over compensate on the brakes as it would not be a graceful stop but I believe that with time I will be able to overcome this thing.

So the road to independence is very near and I am very proud needless to say this does not sit in well with my husband as I can now pick him up when he goes on his late night forays with co workers, the better to keep an eye on him:)

I will keep everyone informed on the success of my road test.

2 comments:

♥SomethingPurple♥ said...

hahha buti nga di ka pa na sisigawan si titan dati kapag ako nagdrive nauubusan ng ubos lol!

pixie27 said...

Hahahaha....Sinisigawan nga ako eh di pa kami masyado nagsisimula ang taas na kagad ng tono ng boses...